Friday, May 20, 2011

Twilight Soundtrack


BIBLIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Twilight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Various Artists. Audio CD. Chop Shop/Atlantic. Release Date: November 4, 2008. ASIN B001ED7C58

SUMMARY

This is the soundtrack for the movie Twilight. I purchased the soundtrack from iTunes and there are three bonus tracks. It offers a wide variety of music ranging from dance to rock to classical. It features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Paramore (a teen favorite) and Rob Pattinson (the actor that played Edward in the movie).

Supermassive Black Hole: Muse
Decode: Paramore
Full Moon: The Black Ghosts
Leave Out All the Rest: Linkin Park
Spotlight (Twilight Mix): MuteMath
Go All the Way (Into the Twilight): Perry Farrell
Tremble for My Beloved: Collective Soul
I Caught Myself: Paramore
Eyes on Fire: Blue Foundation
Never Think: Rob Pattinson
Flightless Bird, American Mouth: Iron & Wine
Bella’s Lullaby: Cater Burwell
Let Me Sign (Bonus Track): Rob Pattinson
La Traviata (Bonus Track): Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Clair de Lune (Bonus Track): The APM Orchestra

CRITICAL EVALUATION

I had purchased the soundtrack after I saw the movie. I absolutely love the song Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. It is full of energy and is a great pick-me-up for a road trip. It leans towards new wave, but it works. The other song that I just had to own was Bella’s Lullaby. What a beautiful piece of music. I actually wound up buying the score because of it. Once I listened to the two songs that I loved from the movie I found that the rest of the soundtrack was quite good. Go All the Way (Into the Twilight) is a dance song, with a hint of techno. Never Think by Rob Pattinson is very different than most of the music on the soundtrack. Where most of the songs are fast paced, this song is a quiet acoustic song that almost seems out of place on the soundtrack. However, once you see where it is placed in the movie, it makes sense. If teens are looking of a good mix of music, the Twilight Soundtrack delivers.

LISTENER’S ANNOTATION

When you listen to the soundtrack you can visualize the movie.

INFORMATION ABOUT TWILIGHT

Twilight is a love story about a teenage girl and a vampire.

GENRE

Music CD, Soundtrack

CURRICULUM TIES

None

BOOKTALKING IDEAS

Not Applicable

INTEREST AGE

Ages 13 and up

CHALLENGE ISSUES

None

In order to prepare yourself should this CD be challenged you may wish to take the following steps:

• Listen to the CD or familiarize yourself with the artists.
• Refer to the library’s collection development and circulation policy.
• Read reviews from sources such as billboard.com and rollingstone.com.
• Seek the opinion of teens that are familiar with the artists and have listened to the CD.

Should this CD be challenged you should follow the additional steps below:

• Advise the senior staff of the challenge.
• Let the patron know that their challenge will be filed and that senior library management will review their request and notify them once a decision has been made.
• Offer any further assistance should the patron have additional questions.

WHY DID I INCLUDE THIS CD IN THE TITLES I SELECTED?

I love the book. I love the movie. I love the score. I love the soundtrack. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment